Dr. Paine is a West Virginia ENT specialist with considerable knowledge of laryngolongy medicine. This branch of medicine deals with different disorders, diseases and injuries associated with the throat—particularly with the larynx.
- Vocal Cord Nodules or Polyps: small growths on the vocal cords—common with singers and professional speakers.
- Laryngeal Cancer: cancerous tumors that grow inside the larynx. Laryngeal cancer can be effectively treated when caught in the early stages of growth.
- Spasmodic Dysphonia: a condition in which one or multiple muscles of the larynx experience involuntary movements.
- Acid Reflux Disease: also known as heartburn, this condition often causing a burning or stinging sensation in the upper chest.
- Laryngitis: a condition in which the vocal cords become inflamed or swollen.
- Dysphagia: a condition where the person experiences difficulty swallowing.
Dr. Paine has many years of experience treating patients suffering from sleep apnea or chronic snoring problems.
These problems can be the result of several different factors such as smoking, drinking, and vocal abuse. Dr. Paine may recommend a CT scan in order to make an accurate diagnosis of your larynx. He will then go through various treatment plans to help restore the function of your larynx and treat your condition.
For more information on laryngolongy services in West Virginia, contact our office to schedule your laryngolongy consultation with ENT specialist and board-certified cosmetic surgeon, Dr. A. James Paine, Jr.